This lovely and convenient addition to salad, meat and rice dishes can be made simply and easily at home.
- 1/3 cup (4 tablespoons) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Combine seeds, almonds, pine nuts and spices, and spread on the tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toast for 4 minutes. Add honey and stir to combine. Toast for a further 5-7 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely, then pulse in a food processor until roughly chopped.
Source: delicious. – September 2006 , Page 66
Recipe by Valli Little