For a warming spicy dish, try this baked Moroccan chicken. Its a dish the whole family will enjoy. Add fresh coriander to serve.
- 500g chicken thigh fillets finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Moroccan spice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¾ cup pearl barley
- ¾ red quinoa
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 350g kumara, peeled, 2cm pieces
- 8 brussel sprouts thinly shaved
- Coriander leaves to serve
- Preheat over to 180°C.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and Moroccan spice – stir to coat – set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large flameproof casserole dish, heat oil on medium heat.
- Saute chicken in 2 batches – 4-5 minutes until browned. Add leek & garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in barley & quinoa and cook 1 minute. Pour in wine & simmer for 1 minute
- Add stock & kumara. Bring to a simmer, bake, vocered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from over, stir brussel sprouts through. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff grains to separate & serve with coriander leaves.
Nepean Naturopathic Centre – making health easy