- 2 cups of frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 cups fish stock
- 50g butter, plus 25g extra
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 garlic gloves
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, grated zest, juice, plus cheeks to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 100g barramundi fillets skin on
- In a small food processor, pulse half the peas with water & mint to form a smooth paste
- In a saucepan, bring stock to boil on high, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter on medium, sauté onion 2-3 mins until tender. Mix rice & garlic and cook, stirring, 2-3 mins.
- Add hot stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring until absorbed and rice is al dente (about 20 mins)
- Fold in pea puree, remaining whole peas, parmesan, lemon juice & extra butter. Season
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat oil on medium. Cook barramundi, skin side down, 3-4 minutes until skin is crisp, turn cook 1 minute until just cooked through.
- Serve barramundi on a bed of risotto, scattered with extra mint and lemon zest.
Nepean Naturopathic Centre – making health easy