Curry paste doesn’t have to come straight from a jar. Use this simple recipe to whip up your own in no time! Great for stimulating the circulation on those cold winter nights…
- 55g (1/3 cup) raw cashews
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tomato puree
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
1. Place the cumin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
2. Blend the cumin seeds, cashews, tomato puree, fresh coriander, coconut, garam masala, ginger, ground coriander, paprika and turmeric in a blender until coarsely chopped.
3. Add the oil and blend, scraping down the side of the blender occasionally, until a smooth paste forms.
Source: Australian Good Taste – May 2011 , Page 100
Recipe by Michelle Southan