Love macadamia nuts? This recipe is sure to make your mouth water. A great mid-morning or afternoon snack, it’s perfect for the kids lunch boxes too.
- 1 cup macadamias
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal or puffed brown rice.
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or golden syrup.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 2 tbs raisins (or other fruit of choice)
1.Line a 20-cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2.Process the macadamias in a food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Measure out 1/2 cup of the nut butter and put into a saucepan. (Any leftover macadamia butter will keep in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.)
3. Add the nut butter, rice malt syrup, vanilla and sea salt, to the saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to ‘melt’.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl with the rice cereal and raisins. Combine well
5. Press into the prepared tin, using the back of a spoon to push the mixture into the corners.
6. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Slice into squares or bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: If you are use puffed rice, the bars will be chewy rather than crispy