Reducing Germs in the Home
Do you find that you or your family get sick frequently but can’t seem to figure out why? Germs and bacteria are a huge cause of acute and chronic illness and can be picked up form a range of sources. Keeping our homes clean and germ free help to minimise our chances of getting sick.
Here are a few tips on how to reduce your exposure to a number of pathogens and germs and keep you healthy!
- Wash your hands before you eat, after you go to the toilet, and after handling raw meat
- Keep kitchen benches DRY. Wipe with a slightly damp microfiber cloth, followed by a dry, clean tea towel.
- Dedicate a chopping board for cutting meat, and another for cutting veggies.
- Wash fruit, veggies and eggs with water and white vinegar
- Wash tea towels and sponges/dish clothes everyday in the washing machine – so make sure you have a few spare! If you’re looking for reusable dish cloths or eco-friendly products for your kitchen, have a look at this website.
- Wipe your veggie trays in the fridge with a damp microfiber cloth when you unpack the grocery shopping
At Nepean Naturopathic Centre, we deal a lot with acute infections caused by bacteria, mould, viruses and parasites. Herbal mixtures and a range of natural supplements can help to treat them efficiently and effectively.
If you or someone you know needs a hand getting their health back on track, call 9785 7885 today!