A delicious and tasty curry that the whole family will love!
- 500g lamb leg steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g (1/3 cup) rogan josh curry paste
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 200g green beans, topped, coarsely chopped
- 270g (11/3 cups) Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat 3 teaspoons of oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb and cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining lamb.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
3. Add the tomato, tomato paste, stock and pumpkin. Cover and bring to a simmer. Add the lamb and cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is almost tender.
4. Add the beans and peas and cook, partially covered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice, following packet directions. Drain. Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with curry and coriander and serve.
Source: Australian Good Taste – October 2006 , Page 102
Recipe by Alison Roberts